Who We Are
Goals of the Bienville Community Coalition
- Assess community readiness for prevention efforts in Bienville Parish
- Create a local coalition of educators, law enforcement, community leaders, businesses, and the faith-based community
- Develop and mobilize prevention resources to help our community prevent and reduce underage drinking and prescription drug misuse/abuse
- Provide prevention messages to thousands of families in Bienville Parish
- Develop and execute a strategic, comprehensive plan utilizing social media, print advertising, radio, direct mail, specialty advertising and other marketing tactics to educate teens, parents, leaders, and the community at large
- Partner with other local organizations that promote healthy lifestyle choices for families
In 2012, Bienville Parish was designated as one of Louisiana’s worst areas for underage drinking and prescription drug misuse. As a result, the Department of Health & Hospitals/Office of Behavioral Health selected Bienville Parish and 9 other areas in Louisiana to receive a five-year Partnerships for Success Grant. This federal grant supports collaboration between the school system and community organizations in the prevention of underage drinking, drug use and other issues. Beginning in 2015, this will bring approximately $100,000 annually to Bienville Parish for prevention efforts to address these issues.
We’re a Part of Your Community.
Bienville Community Coalition is a coalition of concerned parents, health care and social services professionals, community leaders, educators, business owners, law enforcement, volunteers and citizens who want the best for the youth in our community. We are dedicated to helping families avoid the dangers and heartbreak of underage alcohol consumption and prescription drug misuse in Bienville Parish.
BCC Mission Statement
The mission of the Bienville Parish Community Coalition is to plan and implement strategies that prevent and reduce youth substance use and its associated consequences through community and parish-wide collaborative efforts. While the focus is on youth, programs and services shall also target adults, businesses, the faith-based community, families and other indicated populations.
The work of the Coalition shall focus on:
- Identifying and addressing youth substance use in Bienville Parish while developing community-based and environmental strategies to prevent and/or mitigate the consequences associated with substance use and abuse issues,
- Developing and strengthening community partnerships in Bienville Parish while working together to create a healthier and safer environment in the community for youth, as well as all residents, as it relates to substance use and abuse issues,
- Using data-driven decisions to create and sustain overall efforts in the community around prevention and reduction of youth substance use,
- Providing education to all community residents regarding substance use and abuse along with the means of preventing related and associated consequences, and
- Connecting prevention efforts in the community with treatment and recovery efforts so as to provide a more holistic approach to preventing and reducing substance use and abuse issues among youth and adults in the community.
To be a community that empowers youth through education, resources and support to reach their full potential.